Subject: Netscape communicator
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Fernando y Yohara <fvillalo@sinfo.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/09/2002 23:49:22
I installed communicator 4.79 from source (pkgsrc) using make fetch-list, make
and make install.  Now, every time I run the software as root I get an error
message saying there is a lock file in the .netscape folder and that other user
might be using netscape also.  This is a workstation at home so nobody else is
using it at the same time, and no I do not have multiple logins.   Also a check
on the .netscape folder finds no lock file nor folder.  What could be the
problem?

Fernando
--
A lot of people approach risk as if it's the enemy when it's really fortune's
accomplice. (Sting)