Subject: Re: Mozilla is slow
To: Chris Baird <cjb@brushtail.apana.org.au>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/09/2002 03:31:06
Chris Baird writes:

>Just subjectively, with "-O2" I can open up near to twice as many
>tabs/windows to witness the same degree of unresponsiveness in both
>Mozilla and Galeon.

Hmm, that would be something to look into... although I've already
sacrificed "speed" for stability (until mozilla 0.9.8, which is as
unstable as netrape on a bad day...)  I hope 0.9.9 will improve
on that again.

>These days, Galeon is my browser of choice on a K6II/350, which I find
>as responsive and stable as the BSDI binary distribution of Netscape
>ever was.

Well.. responsiveness would be ok but "stability" of netscape? :)
Mozilla 0.9.7 has definitely been an improvement, 0.9.8 a hopefully
only temporary step back into the old netscape coredumping world...

--mkb