Subject: Re: lack of mbuf
To: None <muc-lists-netbsd-help@moderators.muc.de>
From: Michael Core <520079546242-0001@t-online.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/07/2002 23:31:35
netbsd@purk.ee wrote:

> lateli im struggling with line thats says
> /usr/pkg/sbin/named[124]: no free resource....and named
> refused to send data to local network...i found after searching...
> that my kernel is out of mbuf....i doubled the size of nmbclusters
> in kernel..compiled new one...but those lines dont want to fade.
> is this possible that one of my nics is dying?
> Kernel shows rtk0 and rtk1 but one of them is accton!

I had the problem when using a well-known filesharing service due to
excessive tcp connects, although I have just a 128/768kbps DSL connection.
I've set my nmbclusters to 1024 and have never seen the problem again.
IIRC I still had the problem with nmbclusters=512. Well, e.g. "ping -f -s
1450 someone" results in "No buffer space available" after less than 2
seconds. I'm not sure whether that depends on nmbclusters aswell.