Subject: Re: how to view interface's media options?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/07/2002 00:42:27
> > (Also, it seems like "netstat -i" always shows zero collisions but my
> > other systems show collisions on same network.)
>
> So it's probably full duplex then.

All my CCNA/CCDA reference material insists that 10/full can only exist on
a cross/over or to a switch (where there is only a 2 point collision
domain), although I can get my sun hardware [ hme(7D) ] to talk to my $15
dumb hubs at 10/full, but it exhibits, as J.C.R. indicated, an extreme
performance decrease.

General rule of thumb: Always best to force media and mediaopt on both
sides.

-lava

> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
> --

later-
Brian

 ----

"From listening comes wisdom and from speaking repentance."