Subject: how to view interface's media options?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/06/2002 14:19:04
How can I detect my ne device media options?

I see from the following that it is probably configured via card jumpers
(or maybe some vendor software).

$ ifconfig -m ne0
ne0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        address: 00:40:05:6e:04:2a
        media: Ethernet manual
        supported Ethernet media:
                media manual
        inet6 fe80::240:5ff:fe6e:42a%ne0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1

I'm trying to figure out if this ne0 is configured as half- or
full-duplex. I assume it is full-duplex, because when sending to other
systems with half-duplex (no switch) it is two to three times slower than
when receiving. (Sometimes it justs stalls.)

(Also, it seems like "netstat -i" always shows zero collisions but my
other systems show collisions on same network.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/