Subject: Re: icecast/ices
To: Michael Core <520079546242-0001@t-online.de>
From: Brandon Harris <bharris@gaijin.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/05/2002 10:33:40
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Michael Core wrote:

> bharris@gaijin.com (Brandon Harris) wrote:
>
> > 	There isn't a package for ices, near as I can see, so I

> > 		CC=/usr/pkg/pthreads/bin/pgcc ./configure
>
> I don't have pgcc. What pthread-implementation have you installed? I use
> ptl-2.1.8.

	I was trying to build it with both mit-pthreads and unproven-
	pthreads;  I've now attempted ptl-2.1.8.

	ptl dies with a different error:

	In file included from /usr/pkg/PTL/include/unistd.h:35,
                 from ../../src/definitions.h:91,
                 from playlist_builtin.c:24:
		/usr/pkg/PTL/include/sys/socket.h:56: syntax error before `fd_set'

> > 	gmake then dies here:
>
> You run gmake? I have it installed, but I'd normally run make && make
> install. Have you had any problems during ./configure?

	Yeah;  configure bombs out unless I specify my pthreads
	library (like this:  CC=/usr/pkg/pthreads/bin/pgcc ./configure)

	'make' won't build;  it dies instantly;  hence:  gmake

> Unfortunately, I cannot compile it yet, because ./configure failes when it
> checks for pthreads, although I have it installed. Seems there is
> something wrong with my installation.

	Try this:

		CC=/usr/pkg/bin/ptlgcc ./configure

> BTW, did you notice that 0.2.2 is the developers (non-stable) version?

	Yeah, but I'm getting the errors with all versions (0.1.0, 0.2.2,
	and cvs)

bharris@gaijin.com                                          www.gaijin.com