Subject: Re: gnome pkgsrc dont check dependency.
To: None <minsu@kr.netbsd.org>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/04/2002 09:08:10
Am Montag den, 4. M=E4rz 2002, um 08:24, schrieb Kim Min-Su:

> Hi.
>
> I useing NetBSD 1.5.2 installed full.
> pkgsrc.tgz is current lastet file.
>
> Here is error messages.
>
> bash-2.05# cd /usr/pkgsrc/x11/gnome
> bash-2.05# make
> =3D=3D=3D> Validating dependencies for gnome-1.4.0.5
>
> (........ 5 hour later.... nothing to do..)

I saw a similar symptom. However when I did a 'ps -ax' I saw a number
of parallel makes in operation with all sorts of packages being 'made'.

Eventually my attempt halted on no space on device. It would be
nice if there was a prebuilt binary available, however the Gnome site
seems to be linucentric.

Just a note, I'm using a laptop with an AMD processor, hence I expect
'slow', but definately was astonished at how slow building this is...