Subject: Re: Selective routing ? (IE: "two default gateways")
To: Ricardo Ryoiti Sugawara Junior <ricardorsj@uol.com.br>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/04/2002 09:16:47
Ricardo Ryoiti Sugawara Junior <ricardorsj@uol.com.br> writes:

>     He has 3 networks cards, one to the internal network, another to
> an ADSL router and the third to a leased line internet link.
>
>     He needs to NAT the internal network, being able to choose which
> IPs go "nated" for the ADSL or for the leased line. Someone suggested
> he should try BGP with Zebra. Does this sound possible ? What about
> the NAT rules ?

Basically he wants to be able to route based on the source address of
packets rather than the destination address (a subset of functionality
that is sometimes called "policy based routing"). I *think* I remember
seeing a discussion about using IPFilter to do that, but I don't
remember the details (and I don't remember if the discussion was on a
NetBSD list or on the IPFilter list). You might try looking through
the information linked from http://www.obfuscation.org/ipfilter.