Subject: Re: Recent rumors about OpenBSD3.0 being faster than Linux & FreeBSD!
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: village idiot <village_ldi0t@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/03/2002 16:18:36
Can't you just use "hdparm" for instance, to make the
disks run faster? At least for Linux, dunno about
NetBSD. Maybe this is what they have done, sneaky.

I think you could be able to improve speeds by 2 times
by setting the right parameters for hdparm. Be aware
of what you do though, if trying it, cause you could
mess up completely.

I have never tried hdparm myself, but I have heard it
is wicked. So I am thinking of trying it for NetBSD if
it exists. Does anyone know?

Morten