Subject: Re: Mice, KVM, and X, oh my!
To: Peter Seebach <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tracy Nelson <tnelson158@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/25/2002 20:54:26
From: "Peter Seebach" <seebs@plethora.net>
> Anyone have any ideas?  I'm using the wsmouse protocol, and I would have
> assumed that, since "od -x /dev/wsmouse" produces nice stable results
before
> and after a switch, so would everything else.

What kind of KVM switch do you have?  I'm using a Belkin OmniCube 4-port,
and I've never had a problem like you describe.  However, if I accidentally
unplug my mouse, then reconnect, it isn't available on any system connected
to the switch.  Does your KVM provide phantom kbd/mouse signals to system
that aren't selected?  Which version of the X server are you using?