Subject: Re: Apache
To: Cecil Eduardo Campos Costa <cecilcosta@yahoo.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/25/2002 12:36:35
On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Cecil Eduardo Campos Costa wrote:

> I installed the apache with netbsd (the binaries files), and I've
> already configured the httpd.conf, the srm.conf and the access.conf but
> when I try to make a connection I have the following problem:
> [alert] mod_unique_id: unable to gethostbyname("")

Make sure your system has a hostname configured. Type "hostname". If it is
empty then add your server's hostname to /etc/myname or as
"hostname="your.hostname.here" to /etc/rc.conf. (Run "hostname
your.hostname.here" to set it.)

Then make sure DNS works for that hostname via a DNS server
(/etc/resolv.conf) or local /etc/hosts.

And then make sure Apache's ServerName directive is properly set in your
Apache config.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/