Subject: Compose key
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jaap Boender <jaapb@kerguelen.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/24/2002 15:59:14
Hi all,

I've got a Sparcstation LX with a type 5 keyboard with a compose key. So, this
morning, I thought that it would perhaps be nice to get this key to work.
Five hours later, I'm still no closer to succeeding. I can't find a lot of
information, and what I can find is mostly centered on XFree86, which I don't
run.

I have found out that the keysym is set up all right (xev says Multi_key when
I press the Compose key), and I've also set my LANG and LC_ALL environment
variables to "en_GB" and "en_GB.ISO8859-15" respectively. But the Compose key
still doesn't work. Could someone please help me; tell me what I'm doing wrong,
or tell me that it isn't supposed to work, or anything?

Regards,

  Jaap Boender
---
Coffee, Coffee muß ich haben,