Subject: Re: Netbsd fails to build with error "pxeboot....."
To: sucho2 <sucho2@vt.edu>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/22/2002 16:59:50
On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 07:32:51PM -0500, sucho2 wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have been trying to build netbsd all week and it always fails at i386 under
> sys directory and complains about "pxeboot" uanble to find etc.....  Anyone
> having same problem lately?
>
> I've tried the CVS server and the tarred up sources from netbsd directly and
> both fails exactly at the same spot.

Are you doing "cvs update -d -P" so new directories get created?  Probably
you got the updated Makefile, but not the pxeboot directory it references.

> Also, anyone able to run the openoffice 641?  I've tried to compile, it won't
> compile.  I've tried install from the binary package from NetBSD, it won't run

I installed the binary package on a NetBSD 1.5.3_ALPHA system.  I had to
build XFree86 4.2.0 to get the appropriate libaries, but it runs ok.

> complaining unable to find libstdc++.so...... What's the deal when someone
> posts it works on both NetBSD 1.53_ALPHA and current?  It sure don't work on
> mine!

Hmm, it runs on my 1.5.3_ALPHA system.  I haven't tried to build it from
source yet though.

-Andrew