Subject: Re: Recompiling /usr/include and /usr/lib
To: light <rusmas@wp.pl>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/21/2002 19:51:19
On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 06:05:10PM +0100, light wrote:
> 	Hello, all
> 	I have to get working wsfontload from current usr.sbin.tar.gz
> source. To do this, I've downloaded entire tar.gz file, and
> include.tar.gz and lib.tar.gz. I have unpacked these files. I
> considered, that the correct order is to compile includes, next lib, and
> the last thing - usr.sbin.
> $ cd src/include
> bell-flower: {3} make includes
> includes ===> rpc
> "Makefile", line 18: warning: Couldn't read shell's output for "type  | awk '{print $NF}'"
> -C -h /home/people/queridos/p/programmer/src/include/rpc/rpcb_prot.x -o rpcb_prot.h
> -C: not found
> *** Error code 1
>
> 	Why there is no command before -C option? Where to correct it?
> 	How to recompile entire --current system, after downloading
> 	sources (games.tar.gz, lib.tar.gz, etc).
> 	Salutations to all,
> 	God bless all NetBSD Users :)

You can't update only pats of the system this way. NetBSD is a complete
system, not different, independant pieces of software assembled in distribution
by some CD vendor.
If you want features from -current you need to install a -current system
(or pull up the related changes to the release branch you need, but this
require much more expertise). You can do this either by installing a
-current binary snapshot, or update from sources using the instructions in
BUILDING and  UPDATING in the root of the src tree.