Subject: Re: VisualXML pkg -- Error on launch
To: Tracy Nelson <tnelson158@attbi.com>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/17/2002 19:25:51
I don't seem to hava what you told me to hardwire into my path. I look for it
thus...

gus# find / -name rt.jar
gus#

...and come up nada. So I decided to check up again, on Java and Swing,
thus...

gus# pkg_info jdk
Information for jdk-1.1.8:

Comment:
Sun's Java(tm) Development Kit

Required by:
swing-1.1.1
visxml-b8
xerces-j-1.2.0

This is a package of Sun's Java Development Kit, done by Simon Gerraty
and others, and is in turn based upon the FreeBSD port.

The Java Development Kit is a development environment for writing
applets and applications that conform to the Java Core API.
Its compiler and other tools are run from a shell and have no GUI
interface.

Homepage:
http://www.quick.com.au/java/

gus# pkg_info swing
Information for swing-1.1.1:

Comment:
Sun's Java Foundation Classes (the Swing UI toolkit), version 1.1.1

Requires:
jdk-[0-9]*

Required by:
visxml-b8

JFC (Swing) is a rich set of UI elements implemented in 100% pure Java which
is the prefered method of UI development under Java 2.  This release contains
a version of the JFC compatible with Java 1.1.

Homepage:
http://www.javasoft.com/products/jfc/

gus#

...so Java and Swing seem to be installed okay, I would guess. What next?

Thanks,

Gan Starling

--

Mysterious Starling -- Rarest Extinct Bird
     _

Newbie-2-Newbie NetBSD Unix How-To Pages at...
http://om-ah-hum.com/share/gus_netbsd_index.html