Subject: Re: maybe it's just the thinkpad...
To: Marshall Rose <mrose@dbc.mtview.ca.us>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/15/2002 02:16:49
>now, here's a more generic question: let's say that i'd really like to do a
>clean install of 1.5ZA (necessary for my thinkpad/orinoco) and 4.1.0
>(necessary for my thinkpad).
>
>what is the best way of going about this? i can backup all my own files, so
>i'd sort of like to do something like i did when i put 1.5.2 on the system
>(boot from a floppy, do a net install, etc.)  unfortunately, that's where
>i started two weeks ago.

You could look in /usr/src/distrib/i386 (you'll have to unpack that source
set if you don't have it already, of course); in there you could build
a boot floppy and binary sets using your current sources; I think that
sounds like what you want, right?  (I'd advise you to test the boot floppy
before you blow everything away, of course :-) ).

--Ken