Subject: Re: Q on qmail
To: Tracy Nelson <tnelson158@attbi.com>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/15/2002 01:02:37
--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 03:57:09PM -0800, Tracy Nelson wrote:
> Well, that's interesting too.  Doing a "make update" on qmail-users shows
> useradd reporting an error when attempting to add any of the missing user=
s:
> "home directory '/var/qmail' already exists".  How can I determine how
> useradd is being called, so I can fix things?  I tried "make -n update", =
but
> that wasn't as useful as I had hoped.

pkgsrc/mk/install/install is the file which is called to add users from
pkgsrc.

anyway, is there any reason why you cannot simply delete /var/qmail and
try to build pkgsrc/mail/qmail from scratch? (even uninstall
qmail-users)? (don't forget to remove these users by hand as is noted
there). this would be probably the most effective way.

or you can add them by hand, check qmail-users's Makefile for details.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
 --