Subject: need help with modem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Irwan Wibowo <irwanwibowo@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/14/2002 18:02:37
Hi,

I'm having a problem with my modem.
It is a Netcomm internal modem (IN3424). When I first
installed NetBSD, it wasn't recognised by the kernel,
so I followed the instruction I found somewhere in the
mailing list and recompiled the kernel.
Now it is detected by the kernel at com2.

I tried to talk to the modem by doing cu -p modem as
in the NetBSD guide.
I got the message Connected, and I typed AT, but I
couldn't see the command I typed, nor could I see the
response (should be OK, right?).
I tried ATDP and I could hear it dialing.

I also tried to connect to my ISP, and I heard the
connecting noise and stuff, but was disconnected
shortly afterwards.
I think it's because the modem doesn't respond with
CONNECT.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
Thanks in advance.

Irwan