Subject: Re: VisualXML -- How to start?
To: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/12/2002 09:41:41
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 oinkfreebiker@att.net wrote:

> I have installed VisualXML on my laptop here in Detroit.
> Got no errors on the make, make-install, etc. But... I
> can't seem to figure how to start VixualXML.
>
> Found a script called "runnit" in the directory...
>
> /usr/pkgsrc/editors/visxml/work/visxml/runnit

I have never looked at visxml package; but the above is from when it was
built. Use the software that was installed ("make install"). You can find
out what was installed with:

pkg_info -L visxml

Find the executables with:

pkg_info -L visxml | egrep '\/[s]?bin\/'

> ...which starts out...
>
> #!/bin/tcsh

If the software you run, still needs tcsh, then first try to run it with
"csh"; and if that doesn't work, then install the shells/tcsh package.
(Then send-pr because the visxml Makefile should have indicate that it
needed tcsh.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/