Subject: Re: audio problems
To: Nathan Langford <nathanl@remus.rutgers.edu>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/12/2002 01:27:40
On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 04:43:20PM -0500, Nathan Langford wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Mipam wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 01:57:15PM -0500, Nathan Langford wrote:
> > > as clcs0 (Cirrus Logic). Anyway, trying to play anything (including midi
> > > to the pc speaker) seems to do nothing.  No errors are reported, but
> > > no sound comes out of the headphones.  Could it be that the volume is
> > > too low?
> >
> > Add this to /etc/rc.local
> >
> > mixerctl -w inputs.dac=160,160 outputs.master=255,255
> > audioctl -w play.gain=240
>
> That seemed to work for cdplay, but mp3s are playing garbled and slow.  I
> tried changing sample rate which sped it up, but it's still wierd.

Hmm ic ic.
Well, never had problems with my soundcards.
With my sb awe 64 i used:

mixerctl -w inputs.dac=160,160 outputs.output=255,255 outputs.master=255,255
audioctl -w play.gain=240

And with my pci sb 64 card just the part which i allrdy given you since
this one doesnt know outputs.output.
However, this just helps in boosting the volume.
Prolly wouldnt help with scrambled mp3's.
I guess it matters which mp3player you use, quality of your mp3's, occupation
of your system recourses (so that the song aint being played with
a lot of interrupts because the fs etc is heavily occupied ),
support of the sound device etc.
I'm sorry, but i guess i cant help you further on with this.
Bye,

Mipam.