Subject: trouble building 1.5.3 source tree
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Wayne Cuddy <wcuddy@crb-web.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/11/2002 11:39:56
I have been trying to build a recent 1.5.3 source tree.  Here is the output
from make where things bomb out:

lint -chapbxzF  -i /home/wcuddy/netbsd/src/lib/libcrypt/crypt.c
/home/wcuddy/netbsd/src/lib/libcrypt/crypt.c(315): warning: bitwise operation
on signed value possibly nonportable
/home/wcuddy/netbsd/src/lib/libcrypt/crypt.c(493): _PASSWORD_NONDES undefined
/home/wcuddy/netbsd/src/lib/libcrypt/crypt.c(520): warning: pointer casts may
be troublesome
/home/wcuddy/netbsd/src/lib/libcrypt/crypt.c(521): warning: pointer casts may
be troublesome

I don't know if the lint warning are a problem but _PASSWORD_NONDES is
definitely a problem.  I see that crypt.c is including pwd.h and
/home/wcuddy/netbsd/src/include/pwd.h does have a valid definition of
_PASSWORD_NONDES.  It appears to me that crypt.c is including the old 1.5.2
/usr/include/pwd.h which does not contain _PASSWORD_NONDES.  How do I cause
the build to use /home/wcuddy/netbsd/src/include instead of /usr/include as I
want to make sure I can build first before overwriting the includes on my
system.

I do have:
	BSDSRCDIR=/home/wcuddy/netbsd/src
	BSDOBJDIR=/home/wcuddy/netbsd/obj

Also what does 'make obj' accomplish?  It seems it only creates directories
and sets up symlinks...

Any and all help is appreciated,
Wayne