Subject: Re: What's up with sup?
To: Tracy Nelson <tnelson158@attbi.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/09/2002 17:20:08
On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 07:58:22AM -0800, Tracy Nelson wrote:
> OK, after playing with the pkgsrc stuff a bit, I came across the sup
> command.  When I first tried to execute it, I got an error saying something
> about "can't find my host 'xyz'" (where xyz is my machine name).  I twiddled
> my /etc/hosts and got past that one.  Now, it seems to run, but after a
> couple of hours it reports that it has timed out awaiting network input
> while reading the denied files list from the server.  I'm just trying to
> update pkgsrc using the system coll.list file (which I copied from
> /usr/share/examples/supfiles) from sup.netbsd.org.  Would it help to try a
> different server (even though they're farther away)?

Did you try again ? Maybe a network incident broke the connection.
what does you supfile looks like ? Mine is:
current release=pkgsrc host=sup.NetBSD.ORG hostbase=/ftp/pub prefix=/home/ftp/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current base=/home/sup delete use-rel-suffix compress

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>