Subject: Re: SCSI for Trust SCSI 19200 Scanner
To: Malcolm Candlish <bm@candlish.uklinux.net>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/09/2002 06:26:37
--- Malcolm Candlish <bm@candlish.uklinux.net> wrote:
> Further more, I have not found Linux boot always
> reliable and I know you
> use a different system; forget speed is yours safer?

I can't comment on the scanner, but I can comment on
this part.

I have to run Linux at work, and it always bothers me
that upgrading may hose the box. It's just not easy to
manage, nor does it give me an overwhelming feeling of
stability when I need to upgrade my libraries just to
run some new version of software.

With NetBSD, you install a stable base OS, then build
on it with little fear of hosing your box because it
keeps things very tidy and seperated. Well, for the
way I use it anyway (regular desktop and server).

All of the BSD's "feel" much more like a
professionally made OS than any Linux distro I've ever
used. And there's never any question about stability
for the most part.

Andy