Subject: Re: mounting extended linux partitions
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Wayne Cuddy <wcuddy@crb-web.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/06/2002 10:02:26
On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 02:24:24PM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> With things as they stand at the moment, you have to find the start and
> end sector numbers for the partitions and edit them into the netbsd disk
> label.
>
> IMHO this isn't user friendly!
>
> If I knew the changes would be used, I'd write the code to pick up the
> native partitions - it isn't that hard.
>
> What does the netbsd fdisk (from current) say about your disk?
> It would be useful to know the output for your disk.
> (If you don't have a copy, I've just put one at
> http://www.btinternet.com/~david.laight/netbsd/fdisk)

You are correct, this is a pain in the ass!  I have many applications open on
the Linux side right now, so I cannot produce the netbsd fdisk output at the
moment.  So would I just assign the linux partitions to wd0X where X is the 1st
unused letter.  What type should I specify for FSType?

Thanks,
Wayne