Subject: Re: can't get screenblank to work on NetBSD 1.5.2
To: Martin Wittwer <unix-list@web.de>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/05/2002 11:01:52
On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 03:48:22PM +0100, Martin Wittwer wrote:
  | Hello NetBSD folk!
  | ----------------------
  |
  | If I start screenblank from the console I get an error message.
  |
  | can't open /dev/wskbd0 :device busy
  |
  | This is right because in the kernel boot screen I see that the
  | device /dev/wskbd0 is used by my ps2-keyboard. But
  | how can I get screenblank to work.
  |
  | I use wscons for console on NetBSD 1.5.2 from the
  | cdrom iso images.
  |
  | Thanks for advice

screenblank is unlikely to do the right thing on wscons displays talking
to VGA screens in NetBSD 1.5.2. Support for the screenblank ioctls
in the vga driver was only added very recently to NetBSD-current.

So, even if we solved your wskbd0 error (which could be done with a
NetBSD-current screenblank with '-i /dev/wskbd' (or some other device),
it's not going to blank a VGA screen for you under NetbSD 1.5.x :-/

Luke.