Subject: Re: cvs update to lastest 1.5 code
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Wayne Cuddy <wcuddy@crb-web.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/04/2002 14:44:57
After looking at the CVS docs that is what I did.  I figure at some point aux
was removed from the repository??

Anyway after I did that it succeeded however, I ran into another problem.
When I performed the following steps using the new source tree:

cd distrib/i386/floppies ; make

It would run for a little while and then barf out attempting to pull in
machine/loadfile_machdep.h from sys/arch/i386/stand/installboot.  Apparently
machine is a symbolic link to sys/arch/i386/stand/installboot/../../include.

I was able to get to the complete if I first performed this step:

cd sys/arch/i386/stand/installboot ; make

This would create the "machine" symbolic link:

Did I do something incorrectly or is there a bug in the build mechanism?

Thanks,
Wayne