Subject: Re: sysctl & process limitations
To: Randy Arabie <rrarabie@arabie.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/03/2002 07:24:23
* Randy Arabie <rrarabie@arabie.org> [020202 10:24]:
> Environment:	AlphaStation 255 w/ 64 MB RAM
> 		NetBSD 1.5.2 - custom kernel
> 		MySQL  3.23.47
>
> I'm trying to load data into tables in a mysql database.  When I feed the
> load script into the database it fails about 3/4 through. Error follows:
>
> <SNIP>
> ERROR 1105 at line 11: File ./geeklog/userinfo.MYD not found (Errcode: 23)
> </SNIP>

I have looked at the responses and I see that none of the usual suspects
seem to apply here.  I wonder if the problem is not NetBSD at all but
some strangeness in MySQL itself.  It wouldn't be the first time that a
piece of software reported a bogus error.  Right off the bat I see that
the error message and the error code don't match anyway.  Maybe you
should try PostgreSQL and see if it works better. If you are using standard
SQL it should be a simple port.  Most of the access methods work the
same for both.

Note:  MySQL list removed from response to avoid database wars.