Subject: Re: Unable to boot from floppy on IBM PS/2 9595
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/01/2002 01:39:59
On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 08:48:43AM +0100, Kim S?rensen wrote:
> Hi,
> I have problems installing NetBSD onto my "old" IBM PS/2 95 Server (Model
> 9595).
> I tried with boot-floppies for NetBSD version 1.5.2, using boot1.fs and
> boot2.fs. The result: "Boot fail" when trying to boot from floppy.

Kim,

One more idea in addition to the other suggestions: it *could* be a
bad floppy or bad floppy drive.  Does the boot floppy boot anything
else successfully?

When I was first setting up NetBSD I got "Boot fail" many times
because the floppies were old and rawrite isn't too clever (I assume)
in detecting errors.

Regards,

--jkl