Subject: Re: Unable to boot from floppy on IBM PS/2 9595
To: Kim S=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=F8rensen?= <kns@ofir.dk>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/01/2002 01:15:52
Hi.  I noticed no one responded to you inquiry, so I'll jump in.  Your
best bet is to subscibe to port-i386@netbsd.org and
current-users@netbsd.org and watch for changes from commiters that might
affect compatability with your model.

And of course, the web page:
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html

...oh yea, until then, you might want to look at:

http://www.freedos.org/

and of course, a tcp/ip stack:

http://www.klos.com/ (runs on NetBSD)

-lava

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Kim S[ISO-8859-1] ørensen wrote:

> Hi,
> I have problems installing NetBSD onto my "old" IBM PS/2 95 Server (Model
> 9595).
> I tried with boot-floppies for NetBSD version 1.5.2, using boot1.fs and
> boot2.fs. The result: "Boot fail" when trying to boot from floppy.
>
> OK then, I might have a look under "snapshots" for a new and updated
> bootdisk...yep, here it was - under
> /pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snapshot/20020104-1.5ZA/installation/floppy/"boot-ps2.fs
> ".
> Unfortunally this was very little helpfull: "Boot fail".
>
> What's wrong ?
> Can anyone help - must I do something on the 9595 ?
> Is the PS/2 9595 not supported ? - will it be in future ?
>
> I looked for help on www, and found that others has the same problem.
>
> Please repond.
>
> Best Regard
> Kim

--Brian

 ----

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic
table"