Subject: Re: make build fails everytime
To: sucho2 <sucho2@vt.edu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/31/2002 19:46:49
On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, sucho2 wrote:

> I was never successful in compiling netbsd from source.  I've downloaded all
> the files in /usr/src and to build it I did:
>
> make build
>
> This of course fails to build everytime ending with errors.

Probably because you didn't do "./build.sh -t", to build a toolchain
first. "make build" may become de-supported, anyway.

> So, I did the second one:
>
> sh build.sh

That's the preferred way.

> This goes alot further but eventually ends with errors!  Anybody successful at
> building netbsd from source?

Yes, of course, but not this week. A couple of people have already
reported problems build "libobjc". It may be fixed by now.

> Any tips on building netbsd from source?

Subscribe to current-users and source-changes. Pick a better time to
do your "cvs update" and build. ;-)

Frederick