Subject: make build fails everytime
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: sucho2 <sucho2@vt.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/31/2002 20:32:21
Hi,

I was never successful in compiling netbsd from source.  I've downloaded all
the files in /usr/src and to build it I did:

make build

This of course fails to build everytime ending with errors.

So, I did the second one:

sh build.sh

This goes alot further but eventually ends with errors!  Anybody successful at
building netbsd from source?

At first I thought it was my optimizations causing these compilation problems.
 So, I'm not using any optimizations yet it fails to build.  I don't think I
ever had such difficulty in building from source for freebsd.

Any tips on building netbsd from source?

Regards,
Sung N. Cho,
Thursday, Jan. 31, 2002.