Subject: can anyone help with speedtouch?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Greg MATTHEWS <G.Matthews@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/28/2002 12:43:13
hello list...

I put netbsd on a pentium pc at the weekend (nice install btw - not used
sysinst before). downloaded a fresh pkgsrc. compiled speedtouch and the
associated userppp. installed the config files.

everything seemed to be going very smoothly. however, on bootup (or rather the
running of modem_run in the rc file), I get the Gotcha line and it appears to
upload the binary. then, while the modem sits there with one green led and one
amber, I get:
URB147 input/output error
URB148 input/output error
URB149 input/output error
URB150 input/output error

then the amber led starts to flash green and:
modem_start synchro: pusb_control_msg: input/output error
ADSL line down

the green continues to flash and eventually the modem ends up with two green
leds but the adsl connection is not setup.

can anyone cast any light on these errors? I think I've read all the relevant
stuff but could be wrong. This is really driving me crazy. someone must have
got this to work.

tia

GREG