Subject: Re: Possible to change console colors?
To: Beaker <beaker1119@yahoo.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/27/2002 13:22:17
On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 11:14:08AM -0800, Beaker wrote:
> Haven't gotten any comments on this so I thought I'd submit it again.
> Doesn't seem like it ought to be very difficult....
>
> > I'd like to specify different text colors for the four default wscons
> > virtual console screens. Is this possible and if so could someone point
> > me in the general direction? I looked through the wsconsio.h file but
> > nothing really jumped out at me WRT assigning alternate text colors.
> > Beaker

You might want to use 'send-pr' to file a problem report (feature request)
to have this added to wsconsctl(8) or wsconscfg(8).

Short term you could just insert the correct escape sequence into your
prompt.  Then check which tty you're on to decide which prompt to use.
You can easily change the text color this way.  The background seems a bit
more difficult. :)

You might also try using 'screen' as it supports changing colors somewhat.

-Andrew