Subject: Re: Apache + php4 + mysql (fwd)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Arabie <rrarabie@arabie.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/27/2002 12:57:52
On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, Nick Cuccia wrote:

> Randy, the following files are the ones that you want to look at:
>
> 	${LOCALBASE}/etc/httpd/httpd.conf
> 	  Is the Apache configuration.  You'll need add the following lines:
>
> 		LoadModule	php4_module	lib/httpd/mod_php4.so
> 		AddModule	mod_php4.c

So, I figured out that I don't have mod_php4.so built, and it has a
separate source directory under pkgsrc...called ap-php4.  I just built
php4 under the pkgsrc tree, thinking that built the apache module.

When I try to build ap-php4 ig get an error.  It says either I have not
installed perl (I have), apache was not compiled with DSO support (??),
or apxs is not in my path (it is).

Now I've got to rebuild Apache with DSO support.

How?

That's my only grip with the pkgsrc method thus far.  I can't seem to
find any direction for changing compile-time options.

Where do I find that?
--

Cheers!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg