Subject: Re: OT: Wireless networking help
To: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/27/2002 01:17:32
paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com> writes:

> I am using (right now) a cisco aironet 340 PC card in my laptop with
> NetBSD 1.5.2: works fine most of the time. The card whines about
> signal quality and I do get slow connections some times (I have heard
> rumors that aironets are not fully 802.11b compliant: anyone?)

I have an Aironet AP and a couple of Aironet 340 cards, as well as a
NetGear card. The Aironet AP management application has an option
called "Use Aironet extensions" that is turned on by default. I don't
know what that does, or if it has anything to do with the following,
but I get about 750Kbyte/s from an Aironet card through the Aironet
AP, but only around 500Kbytes/sec from the NetGear Card. It does at
least work, though.