Subject: Re: OT: Wireless networking help
To: paul <pkdb1@attbi.com>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/26/2002 19:23:48

http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/metro/1215cable.html

> > I really didn't want some AT&T goofball deciding
> to enforce their
> > screwy "theft of service" definitions or worse try
> to confiscate my
> > computers as "evidence" of sorts.  ISP's are a
> dime a dozen.  There is
> > no need to do business with one that puts your
> computers and liberty
> > at risk.
> >
> > -wolfgang

The link above is quite a horrifying read. The cable
company can't keep control over it's own network, then
blames people for stealing? If they actually knew what
they were doing, they woulnd't have a problem.

I already am moving ISP's, so it's not a big deal. But
I'd really like someone to be accountable for what
they are doing to people. It's not OK to sell
something you don't know anything about. I wouldn't be
so annoyed if they at least put some effort into what
they were telling me. It seemed like they were just
told to deny anything related to "static IP" that
didn't also come with their "Work account". That
sucks. We'll see what the attorney general has to say
about it.

Andy