Subject: Re: Strange Linksys PCM100 PCMCIA/Networking problems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Kyle McMartin <kyle@penguinsuspenders.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2002 12:07:13
On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 08:49:34AM -0800, John Clark wrote:
> What version of NetBSD distribution, I'm using 1.5.2 off the wasabi
> colored CD...
> And what config options, or config file did you use to build a different
> kernel. I tried
> GENERIC_LAPTOP (I don't have the machine up at the moment...) and
> verified
> that the 'ne' device was part of the config.

I'm using a cd I made, with the i386 sets on it of 1.5.2. Now that you
mention it, I've been meaning to purchase the Wasabi cds... I'll have to
do that when 1.5.3 debuts.

I just took GENERIC_LAPTOP and stripped out all the stuff I didn't need
and tweaked it abit (enabled IPSEC)...

cbb*            at pci? dev ? function ?
cardslot*       at cbb?
cardbus*        at cardslot?
pcmcia*         at cardslot?
ne*             at pcmcia? function ?           # NE2000-compatible Ethernet

Is what I have in my kernel config. I did this by hand, as always,
instead of using the adjustkernel script (which wouldn't pick up the nic
anyways)

> As a note, I have not tried to build a kernel from the CVS sources for
> i386 yet. So
> that's something I'll be doing this weekend.

I took at look at the Changelogs and cvsweb for HEAD, and it didn't look
like there was any support there either. :/

Regards,
	Kyle

--
copyright (c) 2002, Kyle McMartin