Subject: Re: Strange Linksys PCM100 PCMCIA/Networking problems
To: Kyle McMartin <kyle@penguinsuspenders.net>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2002 08:49:34
Am Freitag den, 25. Januar 2002, um 08:37, schrieb Kyle McMartin:

> This happened to be when I booted under GENERIC, it would detect my card
> as the Combo ECard, said something about it loosing the card, as you
> said, and then lock the system if the card was removed. Under
> custom kernel, the card is detected as the ECard, but I am able to
> use dhclient to get a lease, TCP doesn't work at all though.

What version of NetBSD distribution, I'm using 1.5.2 off the wasabi
colored CD...
And what config options, or config file did you use to build a different
kernel. I tried
GENERIC_LAPTOP (I don't have the machine up at the moment...) and
verified
that the 'ne' device was part of the config.

As a note, I have not tried to build a kernel from the CVS sources for
i386 yet. So
that's something I'll be doing this weekend.