Subject: Re: Strange Linksys PCM100 PCMCIA/Networking problems
To: Kyle McMartin <kyle@penguinsuspenders.net>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2002 07:39:20
Am Freitag den, 25. Januar 2002, um 06:58, schrieb Kyle McMartin:

> First the gory details, the laptop is an old NEC Versa LX, all the
> hardware is detected fine. The PCMCIA card is a Linksys Etherfast
> Integrated Card, model number PCM100. The card is my first suspect for
> the cause, since it is detected as a Linksys Combo Ethernet Card, quite
> strange, as far as I know, these models are quite different.

If you got to the point of getting a lease from the DHCP server, you
got further than I did with the PCM100 card. On my install, NetBSD 1.5.2
and a Compaq Presario 12XL125, the 'ne' driver found the 'Combo'
card instead of the PCM100, and then indicated that the driver had
'lost the card'... well of course if it was really looking for a Combo...

I happen to have an older Combo Card and 'solved' the connectivity
problem for the moment, and have not got back to the quest of 'why
doesn't
this work'.

I'm trying to get the wife out of town for her seminar presentation, so
perhaps

this week end I can spend a few minutes, hours, or what to find out why
the card is not seen correctly.