Subject: Don't have a problem yet, cause NetBSD installation failed on HP NetServer
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Holger <germanhd@usa.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2002 14:39:07
Hi,
I recently acquired a HP NetServer 5/133 LS2 (4x133 and 512MB RAM) that =
went out of production. I do have all the NetBSD CDs now and started the =
installation by booting the first CD-ROM.
After reading Federico Lupi=92s short guide and =A0checking the notes on =
supported SCSI RAID Arrays I configured one RAID5 drive (consisting of 4 =
4.3GB discs) on the HPDA (actually a relabelled Mylex DAC 960PL) and yet =
let the other discs untouched. Also I installed the HP utility partition =
(which would have to considered when configuring the boot loader).
So I hoped it would give me a disc sd0.
=A0
The installation program seems to be unable to find the disc.
=A0
Can you give me any hint whether my whole choice of NetBSD is obsolete =
due to my Servers RAID system or if I can still hope to get it up an =
running some day?
=A0
Very best regards
Holger