Subject: speedtouch advice...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Greg MATTHEWS <G.Matthews@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/24/2002 13:19:43
hi all...

having wrestled with the many and various howtos and faqs for getting the
speedtouch adsl modem working with various linux distros i would like to know
if i'm going to have similar probs if i go with netbsd and try that.

the furthest i got with linux was up to the ppp negotiations which didnt work
suggesting a problem with my setup of ppp. it seemed odd that i wasnt
directing it to a usb port (cf pppd /dev/ttyS0 for a modem).

anyway - enough about my linux woes, any gotchas or 'beware of...' or 'install
this first' etc on netbsd, would be much appreciated.

i really need to get this box up and running for someone as i owe them a big
favour and i'm running late!

GREG