Subject: Re: newbie help
To: Samantha Samuel <ssamuel@taz.cs.wcupa.edu>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/23/2002 21:35:58
--- Samantha Samuel <ssamuel@taz.cs.wcupa.edu> wrote:
> I just installed netbsd (1.5.2) and I need help on
> finding documentation
> on setting up networking, X, etc. Is there a list of
> HOW-TOs somewhere on
> the web. Or somewhere I can look up in archives
> (where I can preferably do
> a search)
>
> Thx.
> Samantha

The links provided are good. One thing that you should
probably do first off is to install the XF86Setup
program. If you installed all the X stuff during
initial install of the OS, it doesn't come with the X
setup program. If you know xf86config, then disregard.

# pkg_add -v
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.5/<arch,
i386?>/All/XF86Setup.tgz

You asked for more than we can really reply to on the
list... Check the manual at www.netbsd.org first, then
ask away!

Andy