Subject: Netgear FA411 Pcmcia problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jiro Kage <kage@leviathan.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/23/2002 17:01:15
I hate to bring this up since I've seen a few posts on this, but there
is something I have to be missing.  I got a Netgear FA411 for my laptop
and installed NETBSD as a friend gave me a hint to try that instead of
Openbsd.

Well, Every kernel I have tried does not support it.  According to
some other posts from the archives, others have asked and supposedly
it is supported.  I am guessing that somewhere in my hack and slash
of items from the kernel config I am axing something that would make
the card work properly.  Here is the dmesg line from the actual
card when it is detected:

pcmcia0: CIS version unknown (major=1, minor=0)
pcmcia0: CIS info: NETGEAR, FA411, Fast Ethernet
pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0x0149, product 0x0411
pcmcia0: function 0: network adapter, ccr addr 3c0 mask 63
pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 7: I/O card; irq mask ffff; \
	 iomask a, iospace 300-31f; mwait_required io16 irqlevel
NETGEAR, FA411, Fast Ethernet (manufacturer 0x0149, product 0x0411) at \
	 pcmcia0, function 0 not configured

All the docs say that isn't supported, yet according to some info they
are suposed to be in 1.5.2.  Here is the exact link I am referring to:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2001/09/18/0010.html

The date leads me to think that is 1.5.1 or so, possibly earlier,
yet in the 1.5.2 it doesn't work, nor does it in the 1.5.2A (current)
I am presently running.

Am I missing something or are there a few specific things that need
to be in my config.

Thanking you in advance,
Jiro