Subject: Re: date
To: None <emil@iramasuka.org>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/23/2002 11:00:15
On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 04:31:40PM +0700, emil@iramasuka.org wrote:
> Dear All,
> I have installed NetBSD 1.5.2, the problem is
> date that generate by this system ( NetBSD ) different
> with my local date. I try to see :
> /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Jakarta
> and if I give command date the output like this :
> Web Jan 23 23:29:27 JAVT 2002
>
> actually my localtime : Wed Jan 16:29:42 JAVT 2002
>
> how to overcome this.
>

> Thank's

See the man page of date. You can set the time with it, as
superuser. E.g. date 200201231629 sets your date to
the local time you said above. After that you can use ntpd
to keep your time in sync. Have a look at ntpd(8) and at the
ntpd.conf which is in your /etc directory [Uhm I *think* there
is one]. Choose a ntpd server physically located near to yourself.
There is a listing of ntpd servers at
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/servers.htm

[link at the bottom of the page, primary and secondary ntpd servers]

Start your ntpd at each boot with the following line in your rc.conf:

ntpd=YES

Start your ntpd on the running system : /etc/rc.d/ntpd start

hth, Martin Weber