Subject: Re: Keyboard lossage after changing mouse under X11
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Keith Browne <tuxedo@htq.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/21/2002 21:54:09
I've come to the conclusion that my keyboard-going-wacko problem is
probably an XFree86 bug rather than a console bug.  At one point the
keyboard got locked in caps lock mode and would not come back out of
it.  I ssh'd in from another machine, killed the X server, and
restarted it, and when it came back up, the keyboard was operable
again.  I figure it's either XFree86 4.x, or it's some weird console
issue which gets reset by *restarting* X.

The X server I'm using isn't a stock NetBSD.org-provided binary,
because I was trying to get a dual-headed display running last year.
I'm going to try moving forward to XFree86 4.2 now that it's out, and
if that doesn't work I'll probably go back to 3.3.6 to see if the
keyboard's okay.

Keith Browne
tuxedo@htq.org