Subject: Digital Camera, Scanner and NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/19/2002 06:56:40
Hello all. I'm going to buy a digital camera soon, and
I don't know much about them at all. I'd like it to be
flexible on the storage side and I don't care too much
about image quality because I think they are getting
pretty good. Does anyone have any particular camera
that they like? If possible, I'd like to use an IBM
microdrive in it... I'd also like to use one of those
USB card readers that you can plug in and mount the
memory card like a filesystem if that's possible.

I'd also like to get a scanner. I see that xsane
supports a lot of things, but if anyone has any
pointers or gotchas on those, I'd appreciate it too.

Thanks.

Andy