To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/19/2002 08:49:27
On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 11:04:39AM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > The mailing list archives are a rich source of knowledge, but they are of
> > little use if there are no search facilities.
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/search.html
>
> which allows a search through mail-index.netbsd.org - but then again,
> you could just use Google and enter "keyword site:mail-index.netbsd.org"
> into the search-field[1].

after a whileaway frm the 'groups' on google i came back last night, i
had nothing else better to do (grin er sort off) and i notices a small
notice plastered all over the comp.unix area and all the 'groups in
that hierarchy.

it appears that google is no longer archiving comp.unix.*, i was
checking out the freebsd newsgroups but it was also in the netbsd
groups, and as i said earleier in all the comp.unix.* 'groups.

maybe this has got something to do with my browser (opera v6 candidate
2 on linux) i an not sure.

just thought it might be interesting as regards this thread.

with regards and best wishes

jonathan

Jonathan Michaels		      http://rebuild.soon.may.be
PO Box 144, Rosebery, NSW 1445	  suffering construction anxiety