Subject: Re: Problem(s) with crontab Solved (mostly)
To: beaker <beaker1119@yahoo.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/13/2002 22:13:10
On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 11:14:19AM -0800, beaker wrote:
> Thanks for all who responded - I think I've got a handle on this now.
> Apparently, there is a problem with using the 'echo' command in crontab
> files - at least on my system (netbsd/i386-1.5.2).  Other commands run just
> fine and I'm beginning to think its a wscons conflict - ie cron doest know
> where to "echo" to.  Perhaps explicitly specifiying a console would to the
> trick?

I don't think it has anything to do with wscons, I rather guess it's because
echo is a shell built-in. You may want to use "/bin/echo".

And yes, it you want to have it appear on console, you have to redirest the
output to /dev/console. Otherwise the output of the command will go in the
mail body.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>