Subject: Re: Building the world for ARM(XScale) processors
To: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/13/2002 11:17:57
On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 10:52:15AM -0800, John Clark wrote:

 > Once I got the system installed and connnected, I transfered the set of
 > sources that I had 'cvs -z3 co src' from a FreeBSD machine.
 >
 > With a hint from Jason Thorpe I began the build process with:
 >
 > build.sh -m evbarm -T /usr/local/netbsd-tools -D /export/iq310
 >
 > This failed rather quickly. Upon investigation the failure was in
 > the cleaning operation. It appears that in the CVS image there were
 > directories
 > named identically to the build target executables. I have an example
 > of that failure below. There were several such failures, grep, ktrace,
 > and man.

Ah, your "cvs co" failed to prune a bunch of directories.  You need to
"cvs co -P" -- the -P option prunes back empty directories when the
checkout is complete (mmm, the joys of CVS).

 > Also, is it possible to restart the build process without starting from
 > scratch.

Yes, use the -u option to build.sh or set UPDATE=1 in your environment
before restarting.

I haven't tried to build an evbarm snapshot for a while -- I'll start
one right now and get rid of any bugs I encounter.