Subject: Re: Would NetBSD run on IBM RISC System/6000 ?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Greg Lehey <grog@au1.ibm.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/11/2002 12:51:16
On Friday, 11 January 2002 at  2:13:00 +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> In article <20020111104537.E42285@wantadilla.lemis.com>,
> Greg Lehey <grog@au1.ibm.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, I see that IBM is one of the contributors to the NetBSD
>>> project, but they are so in love with Linux right now that they
>>> won't be much help.
>>
>> This is prejudice.
>
> Greg is right. IBM has been very forthcoming and helpful in our recent
> exchanges. Let's not confuse the marketing department with the engineering
> one.

Somebody's already pointed out to me in private mail that my statement
may have come across rather too strongly.  I didn't imply any
emotional flavour to the term, just merely to point out that I believe
the original author was expecting something which he hadn't in fact
experienced.  Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

Greg